Total Pageviews

Wednesday 8 February 2012

Unhappy Berbatov wants regular football

Manchester: Dimitar Berbatov has hinted that he could leave Manchester United in the summer in search of regular football, admitting that he is ‘not happy’ about his lack of playing time at Old Trafford.

The Bulgarian striker, whose current deal is set to expire in the summer, did, however, reveal that the club could trigger a clause in his contract to extend the agreement for another year.

"I am a Manchester United player, but I do not currently play in as many games as I want. I'm not happy that I do not play," the 31-year-old told Bulgarian sports website.

"I am not getting younger, I must play, and I cannot be happy. I am still waiting for my chance. We will see what will happen until the end of the season.

"It is natural that my mood and confidence drop if I am not playing. I hope things change. I try to do my best when I am given the chance to play.

"As far as I know the clause is automatic and goes in effect in March - let's wait and see what happens in March."

The former Tottenham hitman was keen to stress that he would seek to resolve the matter privately with manager Sir Alex Ferguson rather than kick up a fuss in public.

"I am not one to use the media to communicate with people," he added.

"If I have something to say, I go and talk face to face with the manager. He decides everything."

Berbatov has found himself falling behind the likes of Wayne Rooney, Javier Hernandez and Danny Welbeck in the pecking order at Old Trafford, making only 10 Premier League appearances so far this season.

The forward also suggested that he might consider a return to international football for Bulgaria, having previously retired from playing for his country in May 2010.

"In order to return, I first have to be invited," the striker observed. "I have not heard from anyone regarding this issue. I have not talked with Liybo Penev. I even could not congratulate him on his appointment as national coach.

"My phone is always on. If I receive an invitation, then I can discuss a return."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by SEO Services | Sponsered by Blogging Tips - Blog Tips | Marketers Promotion | Blog Forum | Submit Link | Add URL | Indian Movies | Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers | Blog 'N' Like - Blogger Social Community